Re: Changing the Background and foreground colors in Emacs

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Changing the Background and foreground colors in Emacs
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:20:41 -0400

Don Kauffman wrote:
Hi all,

I've been very frustrated trying to locate information on changing the
background color in Emacs. Currently it is set to White text on a Black
background. I'd much prefer the reverse -- Black text on white
background. I've looked through the manuals and there doesn't seem to be
anything listed about changing that. I've studied the settings and there
doesn't seem to be anything obvious there either.
I'm using Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper) although this happened with 5.10
(Breezy). I was not able to get this resolved there either.
Thanks In Advance!!

Don K.

It's not obvious, but it's there. Emacs uses the term "faces" for fonts, font colors and such.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail take the extra "o" from the name.