Re: Calendar window swallows half frame

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Calendar window swallows half frame
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:26:41 +0200

Am 19.09.2006 um 04:04 schrieb Glenn Morris:

If you're saying that it works OK when Emacs is started with -q
--no-site-file, then try to find which setting in your .emacs is
causing the issue. The usual method is to comment out half, find which
half causes the issue, and repeat till you narrow it down.

I wanted to save some time – and actually there is one more thing that's puzzling me:

when I launch GNU Emacs 22.0.50 as src/emacs from the build tree it behaves right in window size, but uses the default calendar with holidays from a few world religions;

when I launch GNU Emacs 22.0.50 as /usr/local/bin/emacs-22.0.50 it uses the "localised" calendar Elisp files and shows only German and local holidays accordingly (plus some religious ones in religious states that make together with the secular states the Federal Republic of Germoney).

Emacs CVS problems to emacs-devel, or use M-x report-emacs-bug.

I know. I still do not think it's a bug. And since some "progressive" users are on this list, I thought the last posting might be a good idea.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"One person with a belief is a social power equal to ninety-nine who have only interests."
                                                 - John Stuart Mill