Re: how to keep/restore my view and mode?

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: how to keep/restore my view and mode?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:52:54 +0800

"Leo.Hou" <leo.hou@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I am not sure if I am using the right term of "view" and "mode". My
> problem is as follows:
>
> I am using C-x 3 and "follow-mode" to view my source code. Every time I
> compile, the other column becomes the result of make. I need to use a
> lot of keys to switch it back to normal: C-x o; C-x k; C-x o; M-x
> follow-mode
> Is there a better way?

M-x winner-undo

winner-undo is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `winner.el'.
It is bound to C-c <left>.
(winner-undo)

Switch back to an earlier window configuration saved by Winner mode.
In other words, "undo" changes in window configuration.

--
William

You have all eternity to be cautious in when you're dead.
                -- Lois Platford