Re: no color syntax highlighting in emacs over SSH

From: Ajit Mylavarapu
Subject: Re: no color syntax highlighting in emacs over SSH
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:55:47 -0700

I have it working now. I installed tramp, and I use my local copy of emacs to edit remote files over SSH. It solves many problems.

Thank you all for the help,
Ajit.

DeeplyPipelined wrote:
I am editing some .c files over an SSH connection. Syntax highlighting
is working fine when I have the files on my local machine.
If am using emacs on the TTY (as opposed to emacs in an X window), the
problem is
that I cant get syntax highlighting to work for files over an SSH
connection. I know that font-lock-mode is on because I see bold fonts
and underlined fonts in the TTY over an SSH connection, but there is
no color.

The shell on the remote machine is a tcsh.

I should also mention that when I use emacs over X on the SSH, syntax
highlighting works. It stops working in TTY mode over SSH. The remote
machine has emacs 21.2.2 on a SunSPARC Solaris 2.8.

Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Ajit.