Re: Displaying text

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Displaying text
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:33:55 +0200

andrew222 <andrew@gonzales.com> writes:

> I just started to use Emacs even though I hold a degree in Computer Science.

Having a degree means that you might be able to read a tutorial ;-)?
In earnest, I can only recommend it very much, please take the little
time to study the interactive Emacs tutorial (C-h t or have a look at
the help menu) it's definitely worth while.

> I open a file and Emacs says at the bottom "loading file....done" but I see
> no code, no text on the screen.  I read about a text display problem in
> Help/Emacs Known Problems.  Can anyone point me in a direction to
> fix this?

into the lisp interpreter.  When you want to edit a file do C-x C-f
(find-file).

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm