Re: beamer, pdflatex and auctex

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: beamer, pdflatex and auctex
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:41:54 +0200

Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
>>
>>> The pdf stuff is also a minor gripe of mine and please tell us what is
>>> the command for getting the AUCTeX version number?
>>
>> C-h v AUC-TeX-version RET
>
> Thank you, AUC-TeX-version"11.14"
>
>>> Strange, I'm shure I'm running AUCTeX, but it says:
>>>
>>> C-c C-t is undefined
>>>
>>> I assume my AUCTeX installation is not properly configured?
>>
>> More probably stone old.
>
> You know it the best the Latest version is 11.83, 11.14 seems to be
> from 2004.

11.14 was released in 2002.  Its _successor_ release 11.50 is from
2004.

> You're right, I'll install a newer on.
>
> An innocent question: Is AUCTeX too big to be included into the
> standard Emacs installation?

It would require about two dozen past contributors to be found and
persuaded to assign their copyright to the FSF.  All current
contributors and the past maintainers have already done this (we
reached that state about a month ago), but it will likely take quite a
bit of time and luck to finish this process.