Re: defcustom - restricted list of symbols

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: defcustom - restricted list of symbols
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:11:49 -0400

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Magnus Henoch wrote:

> This seems to work:

Thanks, Magnus -- that's awesome!  By trying to use it, though, I
found my "design" is unwieldy, as it will require me to modify many,
many variables.  Your example, though, led me to this:

   (defvar joe-available-dictionaries
     '(choice :tag "Dictionaries"
              (const :tag "English (US)" english-us)
                          (const :tag "German" german)))

   (defcustom joe-foo nil
         ""
         :type `(repeat
                         (list
                          (string :tag "Foo")
                          ,joe-available-dictionaries
                          (string :tag "Bar")))
         :group 'joe)

which is much closer to what I want (though not at all what I asked
for originally).  Now, I only have one variable to manipulate.

Thanks!

--
Regards,

joe