Cancel asynch url-retrieve.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Cancel asynch url-retrieve.
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:19:07 +0200

Hi!

Some websites I use, mainly through Gnus, happen to sometimes be down.
This is  not a problem  when I use  `g' in Gnus,  as I can  cancel the
process by hitting C-g.

However, with the gnus-demon, this retrieval is not cancelable, and,
worst, get my Emacs stuck.

For example, the following can cause Emacs to not respond:

(run-with-timer 1 nil (lambda ()
                        (url-retrieve "http://20minutes.fr"; 'ignore)))

if 20minutes.fr does not respond.

Is there a (even Q&D) solution ?

--
/!\ My mail address changed, please update your files accordingly.
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |  Pour les 35-40 ans, l'humour          |