remap question

From: ray
Subject: remap question
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:39:58 +0800

Hi, all
artist-mode remap delete-char to it's own function:
  (define-key picture-mode-map (vector remap delete-char) newfun))
But it also defines this binding:
      (define-key picture-mode-map "\C-c\C-d" 'delete-char)
It seem that it expects C-c C-d to excute the delete-char function, but the result is that both delete-char's original key(C-d) and C-c C-d are binding to newfun.
I referenced the emacs lisp and feels that this result is correct. My question is: If I want C-c C-d bind to delete-char, how can I get it?