opening correct source file on compile error

From: kl . vanw
Subject: opening correct source file on compile error
Date: 18 Oct 2006 09:08:47 -0700

Here's my situation. My header files (C++) are located in a dir named
src/lib. These are the files I edit and are CVS managed. When I run
'make', make copies the headers into include/, which my other source
files include. Then if there was an error in one of the headers, and I
use 'next-error' in the compilation buffer to open the header, emacs
opens the file in the include/ directory, but I really need it to open
the header in src/lib. Can I some how help emacs find the right file?

Unfortunately, I don't have the option of changing the way our makefile
works or the #include statements.