Re: Regexp replacement

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Regexp replacement
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 01:44:31 +0200

Please don't toppost with fullquote below.  If you refer to anything,
it is a pain to dig the context up from the bottom, and try to guess
what you actually might be referring to.

Please cut away anything not relevant to your reply, and put your
reply below the stuff you are replying to.

Jim Dai <jgjimdai_p@yahoo.com> writes:

> Once again, thanks for the solution. It basically solved my problem.
>
> Two more questions:
> 1)
> I wonder if there is an easy improvement on the current method so that I
> have nested {} inside the text.

No.  You need to revert to Elisp in this case and parse the argument
using something like forward-sexp.

> 2)  I did not make it clear when I asked a key binding question. How can I
> bind the entire key strokes M-x query-replace-regexp RET
> \\redtext{\([^}]*\)} RET \1 RET into an emacs key?
>
> This key binding is to  be used in LaTeX mode.

Use C-x Esc Esc after the command in order to get a versino in Elisp.