Re: Redistributing Text After Editing

From: Andy Gimblett
Subject: Re: Redistributing Text After Editing
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:14:26 +0000

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:05:50AM -0800, bjemacs wrote:

> Here's the scenario. I open a page containing several
> paragraphs. I begin to edit one of the paragraphs. As I am
> editing the paragraph, it begins to take on an 'odd' shape. When
> I have finished editing the paragraph I press M-q and the
> paragraph takes on a more 'normal' shape.
>
> I'm looking for a way to have Emacs shape the paragraph 'as' I
> edit it, rather than having to press M-q each time I'm done
> editing the paragraph.

Then, as the man said, refill-mode will do what you want.

Add this to your .emacs file:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook '(lambda () (refill-mode)))

Now every time you're in a text mode buffer, refill-mode will be
turned on automatically.  I don't like it personally, but I believe
the above will do what you've asked for...

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett
Computer Science Department