Re: No 3d modeline

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: No 3d modeline
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:36:45 +0100

Am 31.10.2006 um 02:24 schrieb Chris Menzel:

Would you be so kind as to tell me what the relevant
configure option is for libXaw3d?

./configure --help should provide all necessary pointers. In case of libXaw3d nothing is needed, i.e. not choosing motif or gtk (or carbon or ns), except that the library has to be found during the configure stage. At its end some general findings are reported.

I tried "lucid" but still had the 2d modeline.

This is meant to create an old and very pleasing look&feel. It's synonymous with athena, i.e. it uses libXaw for buttons, menus, and scroll-bars, or libXaw3d if this library *and* its header files are found.

  Also, should this fix the problem of the last line in the
buffer window overwriting the modeline when I scroll down?

Certainly not. You should investigate this phenomenon, best when you launch GNU Emacs with -Q, i.e. without your customisation (which might introduce errors). There are also X resources that have an impact on Emacs' look. Particularly when using GTK you have a special editor to set so many details that after some weeks you can ask yourself: what real work have I done?

--
Greetings

  Pete

Well done is better than well said.