Re: Find File Default Directory

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Find File Default Directory
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 02:46:11 +0100

"Andrew Baine" <albaine@gmail.com> writes:

> I just installed emacs 21.3 on Windows XP.  When I first start emacs
> and find file with C-X C-F, the directory "C:/bin/emacs-21.3/bin/"
> shows up in the mini buffer.  I'd rather it defaulted to
> "C:/usr/home/".  I already have the environment variables HOME and
> EMACSDIR set to "C:/usr/home/".

Hi!

My knowledge in  Windows is quite old and  probably simply deprecated,
but if you have a shortcut  to the binary `emacs', in the `Properties'
of this shortcut, don't you have something like « Start binary in this
directory » ?

It may be the parameter to tweak, nop ?

--
/!\ My mail address changed, please update your files accordingly.
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |  Mieux vaut se taire                   |