emacs cyrillic

From: Martin Ivanov
Subject: emacs cyrillic
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:03:31 +0200 (GMT+02:00)

Hello again!

I changed LANG fron en.us to bg_BG. Then I started emacs with the option -q and
opened a file previously saved with cyrillic text. It was not displayed
correctly. Then I started emacs without the option -q and the file was diplayed
as it should have been. Obvoiusly the bulgarian.el file is necessary, I do not
know why. This is the complete list of choices I have when I choose to change
the ispell dictionary:

american                           brasileiro
british                            castellano
castellano8                        czech
dansk                              default
deutsch                            deutsch8
english                            esperanto
esperanto-tex                      francais
francais-tex                       francais7
german                             german8
italiano                           nederlands
nederlands8                        norsk
norsk7-tex                         polish
portugues                          russian
slovak                             svenska

What can be done so that bulgarian appears in that menu?
If I choose something different from american or english, emacs complains it
cannot find the respective .hash file in /usr/lib/ispell. And it is ok, since
the contents of /usr/lib ispell is :

american.hash@    bg.multi       bulgarian.aff    bulgarian.kbd  english.hash@
americanmed.hash  bg.rws         bulgarian.alias  cp1251.dat
bg.dat            bg_phonet.dat  bulgarian.hash   english.aff

I am sorry if I bore you, but I wish to be as clear as possible with the risk
of repeating things.
Besides, there is another point. If I run ispell american in flyspell mode on a
file that contains both cyrillic and latin words, only the latin words are
underlined. the cyrillic word are not considered mistake, which is strange to
me.

I am so thankful to you for your responsiveness.

Regards,
Martin

Survivor BG. Оцеляването продължава на www.survivor.btv.bg