Re: Tab-key not working in auctex?

From: Johs
Subject: Re: Tab-key not working in auctex?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:23:06 +0100

Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * Johs (2006-11-10) writes:
>
>> What happens when you press the Tab-key in auctex?
>
> (info "(auctex)Indenting")

Have read that and it even describes that pressing the Tab-key should
perform an indentation:

`<TAB>'
     `LaTeX-indent-line' will indent the current line.

But that is not working eventhough I get this when I press C-h k TAB:

TAB runs the command indent-for-tab-command
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `indent'.
(indent-for-tab-command &optional PREFIX-ARG)

Indent line in proper way for current major mode or insert a tab.
Depending on `tab-always-indent', either insert a tab or indent.
If initial point was within line's indentation, position after
the indentation.  Else stay at same point in text.
The function actually called to indent is determined by the value of
`indent-line-function'.

I have also tried to select a few words and then press 'M-x indent-region'.
I then get the message:

You can rund the command 'indent-region' with C-M-\

and nothing happens. Further this should also be accomplished by pressing
TAB. But as I wrote in my original post the Tab-key does not respond in
auctex.

Maybe its a bug in Ubuntu 6.10.