PlannerMode & Timeclock

From: minadaddy
Subject: PlannerMode & Timeclock
Date: 14 Nov 2006 07:49:41 -0800

I recently found an implementation of planner and timeclock that I
think would be really helpful with project management.  It's described
here...
http://www.mwolson.org/static/doc/planner/Keeping-Track-of-Time.html

I'd like to use this, but I'm just learning emacs and have a few
questions.  Can anybody help?

In Timeclock, how do I keep the workday time from restricting me to a 8
hour day?
If I start a task at 9:00, finish at 11:00, and leave for the day at
5:00, timeclock keeps timing for that day's work.  When I log in the
next day, I'm still on yesterday's time.  How do I stop the workday
timer at any time during the day?

Finally, if I'm in planner mode and want to enter a timeclock command,
how do I do it?  Each time I try M-x or C-x it puts me back in the
buffer and I can't enter the command.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm an emacs newb, but I like the tools it
offers and would like to learn to use it.  If no one can answer my
questions, can you point me in the right direction?