Re: Nested grep

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Nested grep
Date: 15 Nov 2006 08:47:22 -0800

Drew Adams írta:

> > Thanks, I'll try it when the emacs 21 version comes out. I hope you
> > still support it. :)
>
> Not sure what you mean
>
> grep+.el is only for Emacs 22. Prior to Emacs 22, grep was handled in
> standard library compile.el, not grep.el.
>
> For Emacs prior to 22, you have compile-20.el and compile+20.el. For Emacs
> 22 you have grep+.el, compile-.el, and compile+.el.

I was under the impression that the packages you describe on the

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/GrepPlus

page implement the GrepPlus functionality for emacs21 and earlier, and
also for emacs22.

You made this modification in grep+.el which is for emacs 22. I thought
you would add the same functionality to compile-20.el or compile+20.el,
so that these enhancements can be used on emacs21 too.