Re: keybindings for c-i and tab

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: keybindings for c-i and tab
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:54:46 +0100

On 11/16/06, Tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

However, I've discovered that C-i and tab are mystically linked. So my
macro works for C-i, which I want, but also for tab, which I don't.

Nothing mystic:

(lookup-key function-key-map [tab])  =>  [9]

Is there some way to tell emacs not to equate C-i and tab?

You can

 (define-key function-key-map [tab] nil)

But then, many functions bound to C-I (like completion, or automatic
indentation) won't work with the tab key. You'll have to type C-I. Not
very pretty.

                   /L/e/k/t/u