longlines-mode and newline-and-indent

From: address@hidden
Subject: longlines-mode and newline-and-indent
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:32:59 -0600

I'm trying to get some functionality using longlines-mode and newline- and-indent. Essentially, I want to write text under longlines-mode (soft returns at the fill column) but still be able to automatically indent my 5-spaces on line (hard) returns via the return key. I believe newline-and-indent is seeing the soft return from longlines- mode as the last indentation, and not indenting at all. Any help would be appreciated... also, if this is the incorrect approach for this behavior, please let me know ;-)

Thanks-