Re: Funny...

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Funny...
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:11:09 +0100

Am 26.11.2006 um 14:31 schrieb Perry Smith:

On Nov 26, 2006, at 3:53 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 26.11.2006 um 03:09 schrieb Perry Smith:

The meta and shift cording keys do not work.

But Esc-<key> works. I use a few to capitalise, down- or up-case, or delete forth or back ...

That does not work for me from Mail or TextEdit. Hmmm... I feel left out now.

You'd need to set up ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http:// www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>/key>
        <dict>
                <key</key>
                <string>deleteWordBackward:</string>
                <key>&lt;</key>
                <string>moveToBeginningOfDocument:</string>
                <key>&gt;</key>
                <string>moveToEndOfDocument:</string>
                <key>^h</key>
                <string>deleteWordBackward:</string>
                <key>b</key>
                <string>moveWordBackward:</string>
                <key>c</key>
                <string>capitalizeWord:</string>
                <key>d</key>
                <string>deleteWordForward:</string>
                <key>f</key>
                <string>moveWordForward:</string>
                <key>l</key>
                <string>lowercaseWord:</string>
                <key>t</key>
                <string>transposeWords:</string>
                <key>u</key>
                <string>uppercaseWord:</string>
                <key></key>
                <string>deleteWordBackward:</string>
        </dict>
        <key>^x</key>
        <dict>
                <key>^g</key>
                <string>abort:</string>
                <key>x</key>
                <string>swapWithMark:</string>
        </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Inside the DeveloperTools a nice utility is hid: Property List Editor.app; the keywords used above are described somewhere under Cocoa key bindings. Spotlight might find the document(s) with one of them.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?"
                                            - Tom Stoppard