Re: Funny...

From: Jochem Huhmann
Subject: Re: Funny...
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:16:50 +0100

Perry Smith <pedz@easesoftware.com> writes:

> Someone was asking about OS's and emacs...
>
> Has anyone noticed that you get about 75% of the emacs key bindings  in
> all of the text widgets on the Mac?  I think every control-X
> combination works.  The meta and shift cording keys do not work.

You can edit these keybindings (including Meta and Shift, including
multi-keysstroke bindings) by editing
~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict.

Or use http://www.cocoabits.com/KeyBindingsEditor/

> A lot of non-Apple Mac applications do not have this feature.

All applications using the Cocoa-Libraries have this feature, Apple
and non-Apple.

        Jochem

--
 "A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
 longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."