Re: OT:cscope/tags

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: OT:cscope/tags
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:40:14 +0100

    Hadron> Anyone here using cscope/etags?

    Hadron> I have used cscope-indexer to index my gtk headers and the linux
    Hadron> kernel but it is unbelievably slow compared to using emacs tags
    Hadron> functionality. Is this how it should be? Which of the many available
    Hadron> cscope packages out there is the right one to use with

Hi,

I use the packaged version coming along with Debian Unstable. Did you try other
cscope interfaces to decide if it's Emacs or cscope which is slow?

If you can be more specific I can try to reproduce it on my box and we can
compare the results.

Have you given gtags a shot?

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

"... There is a fine line between fiction and non-fiction, which
I believe I snorted in 1978 ..."

Kinky Friedman: Scuse Me While I Whip This Out