Re: Why I can't use `info' in emacs?

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Why I can't use `info' in emacs?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:50:08 +0100

+ Ronald <followait@163.com>:

| It works in bash.
| But in emacs, either I use`M-x info' or `C-h C-i',
| it can't display the info page.

So most likely, Info-default-directory-list is set up wrong.

| btw:
| ``man 3 printf" ,  how to do it with info?

You can't.

| What's better man, woman or info?

The manual page for woman states quite clearly that "woman is better
than man" (or used to, last time I looked at it).

That said, you have little choice.  If the information you seek is
available as a man page, use (wo)man.  If it is available as an info
file, use info.  In the (no longer very) rare cases that it is
available in both formats, the info version is usually more up-to-date
and detailed.

  -- Bertrand Russell