Re: auctex: Change indention

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: auctex: Change indention
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:45:05 +0100

* Florian Lindner (2006-12-17) writes:

> my auctex idents only environments. Now I want that it also indents
> \subsection, \subsubsection and paragraph by one level (until the next
> occurence).

And all the text below these commands as well?  Why would somebody
want so much whitespace in front of ordinary text?

AUCTeX and Emacs provide more sophisticated help in dealing with
different sectioning levels by means of fontification of section
headings at different levels with different font sizes and selective
display of specific sections with Outline mode (and Reveal mode for
showing hidden sections on entering them with point).

> How can I do that?

Something like that is not supported out of the box.  You'd have to
write your own indentation code.

--
Ralf