Re: emacs22 takes too much memory

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: emacs22 takes too much memory
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:00:42 +0100

* Ronald (2006-12-17) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>> Eats
>> Memory
>> As
>> Continuous
>> Snack
>>
> Why? I've kill all other buffers already.

That was a joke (cf. etc/JOKES).  Compared to many "current" programs
Emacs is actually quite lean; at least under the conditions I've used
it.  I suggest you try to find out which conditions or add-ons trigger
the high memory by starting with an empty .emacs file and enabling
features one after the other.

And please don't send any courtesy copies of your posts via email to
me.  I'm reading this list as a newsgroup (and I'm not talking about
Gmane here).

--
Ralf