Re: Why I can't use `info' in emacs?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Why I can't use `info' in emacs?
Date: 18 Dec 2006 09:27:45 -0800

Hadron Quark wrote:
> "Robert Thorpe" <rthorpe@realworldtech.com> writes:
> if you think that first level "info" page which comes up is more
> applicable for a programmer then fine. Personally I dont. man pages are
> the de-facto linux standard with info coming second. In this case the
> man page which comes up in emacs has far more pertinent information than
> the info page which comes up. For me. Maybe we have to beg to differ.

I think so.
Personally, I want complete and accurate documentation of functions
preferably written by their authors.  That's why for glibc functions I
use info (and for linux functions I use man).  I don't mind
occasionally having to type "u" to get to the higher level when I'm
reading docs on functions of some particular class.

I'd also point out that Vim in the de-facto standard editor for Linux ;)