Re: config.log of emacs22 has many ``unknown"s

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: config.log of emacs22 has many ``unknown"s
Date: 20 Dec 2006 12:29:50 -0800

Ronald wrote:
> As below, should I correct it manuanlly, and how?
>
>    $ ./configure --with-gtk --with-xft --x-includes=/usr/include/X11
> --x-libraries=/usr/lib/X11
>
> ## --------- ##
> ## Platform. ##
> ## --------- ##
>
> hostname = ubuntu
> uname -m = i686
> uname -r = 2.6.15-27-386
> uname -s = Linux
> uname -v = #1 PREEMPT Sat Sep 16 01:51:59 UTC 2006
>
> /usr/bin/uname -p = unknown

uname -p means find processor type it's not much of a problem that this
doesn't work, uname -m provides the relevant info.

> /bin/uname -X     = unknown

Shouldn't be expected to work.

> /bin/arch              = i686
> /usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown

Don't think that should work.

> /usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown

Definately shouldn't work.

> hostinfo               = unknown
> /bin/machine           = unknown
> /usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
> /bin/universe          = unknown

It's fine if all those things don't work.  Most of the list is autoconf
inserting checks that are only useful on obscure platforms.