Re: Can emacs open a new line below or above the current line?

From: Ronald
Subject: Re: Can emacs open a new line below or above the current line?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:47:57 +0800

David Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:45:30 +0800 Ronald wrote:

Better if it can be indented automatically (for example in cc mode).

I get a habit that code the main ones first, and then add on
the trivialities. For example:

if((n=write(fd,line,n))!=n){
        perror("write error\n");              //second
        exit(-1);                               //first
}

This may also applies when I type:

a.
        if(){}
b.
        if(){
        |}              //`|' as the cursor
c.
        Then I'd like to open a line above indented automatically.
        It normally would be C-j C-p tab. Just too many key strokes.

Not sure though if i understand you right but the electric
features of cc-mode may be interesting for you.  In Emacs 22
you can toggle that behavior with C-c C-a.

David

Nope