Re: emacs cannot read accent properly in a path

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs cannot read accent properly in a path
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:05:25 +0100

Am 23.12.2006 um 20:11 schrieb Patrick Giraudoux:

Even when emacs is launched from ~/ emacs the completion after C-x C-f is working well with accents. The only trouble comes when emacs is launched from within a directory whose path has an accent in one of the names, eg:

/users/Documents\ and\ Settings/giraudoux/Mes\ documents/Thèse\ Robardet/emacs

Then, within emacs, the path given after C-x C-f does not read accents properly in the path provided in the mini-buffer..

Quite strange?

Yes. You should report it. (In Help menu you'll find Report Emacs Bug...)

Besides, there are problems with some characters that are neither in mode-line nor in *Buffer Menu* nor in *Buffer List* correctly displayed or presented. At least I can open the files or follow into the sub-directory.

Here, on Mac OS X, I can't reproduce it. And I don't have a version 21 by hand. GNU Emacs 22.0.92 has a problem finding $PWD: the *shell* buffer was rooted in / ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

                                           (Douglas Adams)