vm and procmail

From: sven . bretfeld
Subject: vm and procmail
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 18:45:59 +0100

Hello to all

Can anybody help me to solve a problem with vm? I'm fairly new to this stuff.

I try to set up vm as my Email reader. But couldn't get it to work yet. I
fetch my Emails from a POP-Server with fetchmail and put it into several
spool files in my home folder via procmail.

I told vm to get the mails from the spool files. vm never puts the mails into
its primary inbox when I hit "g", but always into the associated crash files.
Moreover it complains about not recognizing the type of my crash folders.

I think something with my setup is principially wrong.

Here are my .procmail and .vm files

#.procmail
SHELL=/bin/bash
PROCMAILDIR=$HOME/.Procmail
LOGFILE=$PROCMAILDIR/log
VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all
MAILDIR=$HOME/.Mail/SPOOLS

:0
debian-liste

:0
* ^To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
emacs-liste

:0 hwic
* ^From: kejoubeum@hispeed.ch
| cat > /dev/null; play /home/nevs/sound.mp3

:0
*
incoming

------------------

#.vm
 (setq vm-mutable-windows t
           vm-mutable-frames nil)

;; Folders ;;
(setq vm-primary-inbox "~/.Mail/INBOX")
(setq vm-folder-directory "~/.Mail/")
(setq vm-crash-box "~/.Mail/INBOX.CRASH")

;; Spool-Files ;;
(setq vm-spool-files
   '(
      ("~/.Mail/INBOX" "~/.Mail/SPOOLS/incoming" "~/.Mail/INBOX.CRASH")
      ("~/.Mail/DEBIAN" "~/.Mail/SPOOLS/debian-liste" "~/.Mail/DEBIAN.CRASH")
      ("~/.Mail/EMACS" "~.Mail/SPOOLS/emacs-liste" "~/.Mail/EMACS.CRASH")
    )
)