[SOLVED] Re: vm and procmail

From: sven . bretfeld
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: vm and procmail
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:33:01 +0100

Am Sonntag, 24. Dezember 2006 18:45 schrieb sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch:

Hi to all

> I told vm to get the mails from the spool files. vm never puts the mails
> into its primary inbox when I hit "g", but always into the associated crash
> files. Moreover it complains about not recognizing the type of my crash
> folders.

I've found the problem. The reason is that procmail doesn't create standard
mboxes by default. One has to append the parameter -f %Name. The option-entry
in .fetchmailrc has to be:

mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %Name"

If the vm-folders are created with this option, vm works fine. This must be a
known problem. I wonder that no Howto refers to it.

All the best wishes and a Happy New Year to all
Sven