Re: Newbie questions

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Newbie questions
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 00:31:00 -0700

ocelot1970@gmail.com wrote:
I have just started exploring emacs and elisp. Ergo, I have some
questions.

1) Is there a way to see what a keyboard shortcut is currently bound
to? Before I write my own programs making my own, I want to make sure
I'm not unbinding something really important.

C-h k

2) Is there a way to see a list of all functions that can possible be
bound to keymappings, the list of files they appear in, and their
descriptions?

C-h w ?
C-h a RET

3) Are there any key combos with meta and ctrl that are not allowed
when creating my own key bindings? Any reason why I wouldn't use C-q,
C-w, C-e, etc. just go through the keyboard and use what's not used yet?

,---- File: emacs,  Node: Keymaps,  Next: Prefix Keymaps,  Up: Key Bindings

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers