Re: keyboard for emacs?

From: B. Smith-Mannschott
Subject: Re: keyboard for emacs?
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:51:23 +0100

On Dec 28, 2006, at 16:11, Mark Geary wrote:

Right.  I've always been able to find shareware for DOS/Windows to do
this. On Linux there's a few ways-- already built into Linux-- to swap
Ctrl and CapsLock.

Does anyone know how to do this on Mac OS X? Swapping the CapsLock and
the left Ctrl key only (leaving the right Ctrl as is)?

I've just settled on remapping Caps Lock to Ctrl since I don't use Caps Lock. This can be accomplished via System Preferences >> Keyboard & Mouse >> Keyboard >> Modifier Keys. Maybe that's "good enough" [tm]?

FWIW back in the old days (ADB) the mac never distinguished between left and right modifier keys. I don't know if this is still the case with USB keyboards.

// ben