Re: How to insert ticked articles in Gnus

From: Andreas Seltenreich
Subject: Re: How to insert ticked articles in Gnus
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:12:44 +0100

Leo writes:

> * Reiner Steib (2006-12-29 22:23 +0100) said:
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> On Fri, Dec 29 2006, Leo wrote:
>>
>>> Not in a huge group that has many unread articles. It is hard to find
>>> ticked articles.
>>
>> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Limiting") ]
>> | `/ m'
>> |      Ask for a mark and then limit to all articles that have been marked
>> |      with that mark (`gnus-summary-limit-to-marks').
>> `----
>
> That requires showing all the articles first. I am looking for
> something like 'Y d' does to dormant articles ;)

There's also the possibility of using the `display' group parameter
with a `tick' predicate. However, this wouldn't be very efficient,
since Gnus tests this expression on individual headers after fetching
them, despite a list of ticked articles being already in memory.

I wonder if `Y t' would be a good candidate for No Gnus.

(defun gnus-summary-insert-ticked-articles ()
  "Insert ticked articles for this group into the current buffer."
  (interactive)
  (let ((gnus-verbose (max 6 gnus-verbose)))
    (if (not gnus-newsgroup-marked)
        (gnus-message 3 "No ticked articles for this group")
      (gnus-summary-goto-subjects gnus-newsgroup-marked))))

(eval-after-load 'gnus-sum
  '(define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "Y t")
     'gnus-summary-insert-ticked-articles))

regards,
andreas