Re: help system question

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: help system question
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:35:29 +0200

> From: "Robert Thorpe" <rthorpe@realworldtech.com>
> Date: 1 Jan 2007 05:00:40 -0800
> >
> > I don't see a problem here (or misunderstand you): the current Emacs
> > 22 versions are numbered 22.0.NN, so when 22.1 is released, they will
> > know it's newer.
>
> Yes, but the implication is that it's only 0.5 of a version number
> newer.

No, it's one minor version newer.  Micro version numbers are reserved
for different builds of the same version.

> That doesn't indicate that the official v22.1 should be
> significantly more bug tested than 22.0.NN ones were.

Who said it's significantly more bug-free?  As someone who
participates in Emacs pretests since v19.30, I cannot in good faith
say that the official version is so much more stable than the pretest
one.