cal-tex-cursor commands leave empty fields

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: cal-tex-cursor commands leave empty fields
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 01:46:21 +0100

Hi to all and a Happy New Year

I'm starting to become an Emacs fundamentalist at the moment, but my
understanding of elisp is still quite low.

I was configuring the calendar/diary today when I met a problem. The
commands cal-tex-cursor-month (day, week etc.) give me a nice LaTeX
output but without any entries from my diary. Just empty fields.

The problem might depend on my redefinition of the diary file to
~/.diary instead of ~/diary since I like my home folder to be as tidy
as possible. Writing and displaying entries works. Only the LaTeX
output seems to have problems. To redefine the diary file I inserted:

(setq diary-file "~/.diary")

to my .emacs file. This cannot be completely wrong, can it?

Any idea?

I give the relevant part of my .emacs file at the end of this mail.

Thanks for help,
Sven

--------------

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; Diary Mode ;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(setq diary-file "~/.diary")

;; Europäisch
(setq european-calendar-style 't)
(setq calendar-week-start-day 1
       calendar-day-name-array
         ["Sonntag" "Montag" "Dienstag" "Mittwoch"
          "Donnerstag" "Freitag" "Samstag"]
       calendar-month-name-array
         ["Januar" "Februar" "März" "April" "Mai"
          "Juni" "Juli" "August" "September"
          "Oktober" "November" "Dezember"])

;; Start with diary (if there is an entry for today)
(diary)

;; Timer
(display-time)
(add-hook 'diary-hook 'appt-make-list)