Re: Backup Blacklist

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Backup Blacklist
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 02:25:40 +0100

On 1/3/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu> wrote:

However, none of the scripts work overall, your old way,
 with my modification, or with your new code.

I don't know what are you doing, but "my way" definitely works. It's
what I've been using (with some small changes) for years. And I've
just tested it right now, and performs as expected.

The prompt comes up, but the script just doesn't work; the files still
get backed up.

Have you evaled the code I sent? It is my-backup-enable-predicate
assigned to the variable `backup-enable-predicate'?

Also note that any excluding you do with `my-exclude-file-from-backup'
is not persistent: it won't be active the next time you invoke Emacs.
If you want a persistent excluding, you must use
`my-exclude-from-backup' from your .emacs startup file, as shown in
the first message I sent in this thread.

                   /L/e/k/t/u