Re: modified xcscope.el

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: modified xcscope.el
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:51:52 +0100

    Fang>  So I hacked it myself (Lisp:xcscope.el.gz). Your comments are
    Fang>  appreciated.

Hi, thanks for your work!

Since you asked for comments, here it comes :-)

There is already a lot of confusion about different (x)cscope.el versions
floating around on the net and I don't think it's a good idea to have an
additional one.

So I propose to

   - contact Darryl Okahata and ask if he is willing to include your
     changes. This would mean that the xcscope.el distributed along with the
     official release of cscope is the one to use, or

  - create a xcscope+.el (or whatever, Drew Adams wrote a lot of foo+.el). After
    a quick glance at your code, I think you are not really changing anything
    but put in some additions. xcscope+.el could simply require xcscope.el. So
    this solution is feasible, too.

Just my 2c...

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

"... There is a fine line between fiction and non-fiction, which
I believe I snorted in 1978 ..."

Kinky Friedman: Scuse Me While I Whip This Out