Using Emacs

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Using Emacs
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:38:58 +0000

I have just discovered Emacs and I now understand why people talk about living in Emacs. To help me get a feel for how much of my work I might be able to move into Emacs, I wondered if people might be willing to share how much of their work is done in Emacs.

I am using  Windows (for the time being at least), and I am not a programmer, but I will use Emacs as a front end for R. I am therefore interested in Emacs as a writing, information/time management tool etc. I have installed Org.mode and I am very impressed with this.

As it is going to need a little bit of thought on how to structure my new Emacs world, I would appreciate any examples of how you use Emacs and hints on "best practice" with Emacs.

So any comments would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Graham