Re: german quotes and mule

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: german quotes and mule
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:55:15 +0100

Am 11.01.2007 um 10:38 schrieb M G Berberich:

I have to specify "--disable-font-backend" to make it accept
X-font-descriptions, then it works.

I'd make a bug report from the Help menu and try to find out with the developers where the error is. Besides, have you tried to set up a fontset?

on the other hand emacs seems to thinks that german quotation-marks are "c:Chinese
h:Korean j:Japanese" characters and are to be found in iso-8859-13
resp. iso-8859-7 and the ellipsis in chinese-gb2312.

Yes, these descriptions are very funny! I wonder which generator generates them on which random basis ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Die Zeit wird kommen, da unsere Nachkommen sich wundern werden, wie wir so wunderbare Dinge einfach gewusst haben konnten.
                        (Ein Optimist nach Lucius Annæus Seneca)