Re: MY window tree!

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: MY window tree!
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:09:35 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
From your package:

;; Juanma Barranquero has pointed out there is a serious limitation in
;; this way of doing it when overlays with 'window properties are
;; used. The problem is that any pointers to windows are made invalid
;; since they are deleted. So in fact any code that relies on saved
;; pointers to windows will have problem if the window is one of those
;; that are involved here.

I was talking of modes that maintain a list of *overlays*, not
windows, but this other point, though not mine, is also valid :)

But overlays are bound to buffers AFAIK. I can not see there are any problems with buffers here. Or am I missing something?

Is not the only binding from overlays to windows the 'window property that can be set for some overlays.

All in all, I think all this is complicated stuff for something that
would perhaps be easier at the C level, without the need to delete and
recreate windows.

I am not sure if it is very easy at the C level, but it would be good to have primitives for handling cases like this there.