Re: recentf-mode works 'by hand' but not if started from .emacs

From: Roland Rau
Subject: Re: recentf-mode works 'by hand' but not if started from .emacs
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:20:32 -0500

Greg Bognar wrote:

Do you have the file that holds the list of recent files, that is,
~/.Emacs/.recentfiles (or whatever you set that variable or, if you don't
set it, ~/.recentf, which I think is that default)?
I have the default setting, i.e .recentf in my home directory.

Have you modified the menus?
No.

What happens if you run Emacs with an ~/.emacs which only
contains the line (recentf-mode 1)?  Do you get the submenu in the File
menu?
I get the same error message as in my initial post.

Thanks again. Do you have any other idea?

Best,
Roland