Re: recentf-mode works 'by hand' but not if started from .emacs

From: Roland Rau
Subject: Re: recentf-mode works 'by hand' but not if started from .emacs
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:21:15 -0500

rgb wrote:
Roland Rau wrote:
Greg Bognar wrote:
Do you have the file that holds the list of recent files, that is,
~/.Emacs/.recentfiles (or whatever you set that variable or, if you don't
set it, ~/.recentf, which I think is that default)?
I have the default setting, i.e .recentf in my home directory.

Have you modified the menus?
No.

What happens if you run Emacs with an ~/.emacs which only
contains the line (recentf-mode 1)?  Do you get the submenu in the File
menu?
I get the same error message as in my initial post.

Thanks again. Do you have any other idea?

You need (require 'recentf) in your .emacs!

But this does not give me the menu on top, right?
If I include and have it followed by the (recentf-mode t), I have again the same error. :-(

Thanks,
Roland