How to apply a minor mode to all buffers

From: James Aguilar
Subject: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:51:34 -0800

Emacs folks,

Hello, I am a new and relatively inexperienced emacs user.  I was wondering if there was an easy way to make a minor mode apply to all created buffers.  I want to do this so that I can use the column marker mode in all of my buffers.

So far I have tried applying the mode through mode hooks, but this strategy is unsuccessful for modes that do not provide a hook.  Also, it seems like a bit of a hack, so I thought perhaps there might be a better way.

Any advice for the newbie?

Yours,
James Aguilar
--