Re: Cedet and lmcompile

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Cedet and lmcompile
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:57:02 -0700

[Please don't top-post.]

Fred wrote:
Thanks but...
A command seems to be executed after the compilation process. The pb is
that this command generates an error.
If I type manually lmcompile-do-highlight, OK.
With the add-hook, pb. The error appears in the mini buffer is not very
clear (wrong type of argumnent... + binary data)

What does `C-h f lmcompile-do-highlight' say about its arguments?

If you set debug-on-error to t before running it via the hook, a
*Backtrace* buffer will be displayed.  Post it so we can see what
function is signalling the error, what type it is expecting for
its argument, and what function called it.

Kevin Rodgers wrote:
fred@mayot.net wrote:
Hi,
In the Cedet web site, it is said that
"You can also add the above command [lmcompile-do-highlight] to
compilation-finish-functions to have it occur automatically."
How? I don't know anything about elisp!!
Would it be something like this
(setq compilation-finish-functions '(lmcompile-do-highlight))
Almost: (add-hook 'compilation-finish-functions 'lmcompile-do-highlight)

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA