Re: some emacs commands at end of file

From: Allan Adler
Subject: Re: some emacs commands at end of file
Date: 22 Jan 2007 03:29:05 -0500

Nikos Apostolakis <nikos.ap@gmail.com> writes:

> Allan Adler <ara@nestle.csail.mit.edu> writes:
> > I have a theory about (3), even though I don't know enough to really have
> > a theory. My theory is that when it says
> >
> > mode:  outline
> >
> > it tells emacs to go into something called outline mode. Maybe an outline
> > is a selection of particular lines, such as I find displayed when I type
> > y in reply to the prompt.
>
> Your theory is basically correct.

Thanks, that's good to know. So, should I be looking in c-mode.el for the
reason that emacs is able to respond to this

mode:  outline

in what looks like a comment in a C file?

What is the exact point at which emacs stops treating the comment as text
and starts taking commands from it?

> Besides Leo's suggestion you might want to have a look at:
>
> ,----[ C-h v outline-regexp RET ]
> | outline-regexp is a variable defined in `outline.el'.
> | Its value is "[*\f]+"

I also tried
C-h v electric-c-semi RET

and it complained that it couldn't find it.
--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler <ara@zurich.csail.mit.edu>