Compile then run in JDE

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Compile then run in JDE
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 02:59:59 -0500

I've been trying to make a compile then run command for JDE.  I.E. a
single command which would save, compile, then run.  For now, I've just
been testing with a single file.

I've been unable to get it to run after the compile.  I got it to:

(defun java-compile-then-run ()
"Saves, compiles and runs the current buffer, using JDE"
(interactive)
(basic-save-buffer)
(save-current-buffer
  (jde-compile))
(jde-run))

That gives me the attached errors, starting with "Wrong number of
arguments" (Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to escape the error for
copying text).  I copied that from the *Messages* buffer.  To isolate
the problem, I simplified the function to:

(defun java-compile-then-run ()
"Saves, compiles and runs the current buffer, using JDE"
(interactive)
(jde-run))

To my surprise, it gave the same error.  The command jde-run works, but
java-compile-then-run results in the "Wrong number of arguments
exception.  Can anyone explain this? At the very least I would like to
get the dummy (second) function working.

Matthew Flaschen

PNG image