Re: slrn and emacsclient

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: slrn and emacsclient
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:28:14 -0700

Tyler Smith wrote:
On 2007-02-01, Maarten Bergvelt <bergv@math.uiuc.edu> wrote:
I do in my .slrnrc
set editor_command "emacs -nw '%s'"
and I don't have any customization in my .emacs. It just works for me,
after finishing the posting I type C-c C-c and it returns me to slrn,
to send it.

Ok, I've got that now as well, we'll see how it works.

C-c C-c does nothing.

C-x # does nothing

C-x C-c ask me to save then returns control to slrn so that I can
post, or re-edit. That looks good. Still, it would be nice to have it
open automatically in mail-mode (or text mode) to do proper
line-wrapping and quote highlighting etc.

That's the easy part: `C-h v buffer-file-name' in the message buffer,
then fix this part of your .emacs to match the slrn temp file names:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("/slrn" . mail-mode)) ;; just a guess!

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA