Re: elisp q: what functions do I need to *visually* replace string foo w

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: elisp q: what functions do I need to *visually* replace string foo with bar
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:43:47 +0100

On 7 Feb 2007 09:34:04 -0800 rgb wrote:

> Perhaps someone else has an example of putting properties onto
> text under font-lock control....
> I don't have one handy.

Maybe this can be extended (but not sure):

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PrettyLambda

using overlays or text-properties may be a bit complicated as you
have to remove them if the text changes (though it might be hard to
edit this invisible text).

If the OP wants a simple solution I'd suggest using the "invisible
face" method (i would prefer something like darkgrey on black).

David